LIFT's Programs and Services emphasize a holistic approach to helping families as they tackle legal issues in Family Court and plan for a positive future for themselves and their children.
- Education and Information Sites are located in the Family Courthouses in all five boroughs and provide litigants with immediate help in navigating the courthouse, filling out documents, and assessing whether they need more in-depth assistance. The Sites are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hotlines, operated by Telephone, Email, and Live Chat, allow LIFT's staff to answer questions from anyone with a Family Law case in New York- including elderly, disabled, and otherwise homebound individuals; military members deployed overseas; and incarcerated parents.
- Family Legal Centers are also located in the Family Courthouses in all five boroughs. Here, litigants are teamed up with a LIFT staff attorney to receive in-depth assistance and one-on-one attention, including accompaniment to appointments. FLC appointments are available between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Parenting Workshops and Mothers Support Groups, which LIFT operates alongside community organizations, focus on improving participants' ability to effectively parent, while also increasing knowledge of important topics such as health, nutrition, and financial budgeting.
- Legal Resource Guides, covering nearly 40 different Family Law Topics and available in eight different languages, are written in easy-to-read Q&A format and are available at the courthouses.
- LIFT's Online Legal Education Program includes webinars on an array of Family Law topics.
Advocacy and System Reform
- LIFT serves on taskforces and coalitions aimed at improving the Court system and the quality of life for those who use it, and also provides public testimony when appropriate.